Emotional Support Animals 

There are countless amounts of research studies that have proven the benefits animals can bring to our mental health and we dont believe that you should be denied these benefits just because your personal health care providers do not want to authorize your requests for Emotional Support Animal (ESA) paperwork.  Dr. Renée is a huge advocate for furthering the bond between humans and animals and because of this we now offer ESA consultations and paperwork completing for those who would strongly benefit from an ESA.  

The Process

Dr. Renee Pennington is a nationally board certified mental health provider ( psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner) and legally allowed to sign off on the required ESA paperwork in the state of Oregon. To begin the process you will complete the initial online questionnaire to see if you would be a qualified candidate for an ESA. If you are a good candidate you will complete a non-refundable consultation for Dr. Renee to assure 

that you have all the legal documentation you need to feel confident with your ESA. 

Dr. Renee  will determine whether or not you would benefit from an ESA. If approved, they will personally write a licensed recommendation for an Emotional Support Animal.

How long does the approval process take?

If approved, you will get a digital copy of your emotional support animal letter within 2 business days and a physical copy will be sent via USPS Priority Mail within 5 days. 

If you do not hear from us within this time, please contact our support team.

What is the refund policy?

Your consultation is protected by our Money-Back Guarantee.

If, for any reason, your application is not approved by Dr. Renee, your fee will be refunded, excluding a $30 consultation fee.

How do I know that this is legal?

There are two main federal laws that apply to ESAs: the Air Carrier Access Act, and the Fair Housing Act.

Our ESA Letters are fully compliant with these laws and are all approved by fully qualified mental health professionals. This ensures our letters are 100% legal.


HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) Compliant website that can give you a certified ESA letter.

ESA Letter Basics

Which ESA Letter should I choose?

If your pet lives with you then you should get the Housing letter. If you expect to fly at least once in the next year, then we recommend getting the combined Housing and Travel letter. This combination will save you the most money. If you own your own home or already have a Housing letter, then you should get the Travel letter on its own.

What does the letter look like?

The ESA Letter comes directly from a LMHP with their license number and their contact information. The letter will come on the professional letterhead of the licensed mental health professional and have everything legally needed for an ESA prescription within the body of the letter. 

Will I need additional forms besides the letter?

No. Your ESA Letter covers all the legal requirements. 


Occasionally, custom forms or vaccination records are required. If a form is needed then you can get them from your veterinarians office. 

Using Your ESA Letter

How do I submit my ESA Letter to a landlord or airline?

We send you copies of your ESA letter both digitally and in the mail. 


For landlords, we strongly recommend that you present the letter immediately in-person. Nearly all landlords are extremely accommodating.

For airlines, you must call the airline during booking or a couple of weeks prior to your flight.

What rights do I get with an ESA Letter? Where can I take my ESA Letter?

Your rights depend on which ESA letter you applied for.


The Housing ESA letter entitles you to qualify for no-pet housing (in apartments with more than 4 units and houses where the landlord owns multiple properties). This means that even if an apartment is listed as not allowing pets, you are legally protected to have one. You also won’t have to pay a pet deposit and can’t be charged a pet fee by the owner.

With the travel letter you will also be able to to fly with your pet in the cabin with no additional fee.

Does the ESA Letter expire? How often do I need to renew?

Your ESA Letter will last for one year. You can then have the opportunity to renew your ESA Letter. 

Can I use this for campus housing?

Yes, during the Assessment you can select the option for Campus Housing Letter.

Additional Questions

Do I need to use a “registration” site to make my pet as an ESA?

NO! The ESA letter signed by a mental health professional is all you need. Registering your pet on a “registry site” is not a legal requirement for ESAs.

Will I need additional accessories like vests and an ID card?

The letter, signed by a Licensed Mental Health Professional, is the only thing that is legally recognized. 


Vests, ID Cards, and tags are accessories that may make it easier to identify your ESA but are not necessary. Still, many of our customers find the accessories very helpful for letting others know you have an ESA.