Willow Holistic Wellness
Doctor Laura is Leaving Willow January 2022
It is with mixed feelings that we say "farewell" to our beloved Dr. Laura! While we hate to see her go we are so happy for her and wish her well on her new journey! If you are a current patient of Dr. Laura please contact the office so we can get you scheduled with your new provider!
About Dr. Laura J. Abels, PMHCNS
Washington & Ohio
Dr. Laura has been a board-certified Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist (PMHCNS-BC) since 2010 and has worked in both inpatient and outpatient psychiatry since 2005. Dr. Laura's specialty is the holistic psychiatric treatment of children and adolescents ages 4-23 with mental health concerns. Dr. Laura will work with you to develop a plan of care which focuses on health for body, mind, and spirit, to improve mental health functioning through traditional medication management and alternative care.
Dr. Laura is also a certified Reiki Master Practitioner, Healing Touch Practitioner, and Yoga & Mindfulness for Kids Instructor.
Education and Training
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (Otterbein University, Ohio)
- Master of Science in Nursing (Kent State University, Ohio)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (University of Akron, Ohio)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (Kent State University, Ohio)
- Level 1 Healing Touch Practitioner
- Reiki Master
- Childlite Yoga & Meditation Practitioner
- Certified Mental Health Integrative Medicine Professional
- American Holistic Nurses Association
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association
- Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Kappa Lambda Chapter